Local F/OSS communities co-organize software freedom day again this year in Hong Kong.
Software Freedom Day 2014, Hong Kong
Date: 2014.09.20 Saturday
Venue: Lecture Theatre 9 (LT9), 4/F Academic 1, City University of Hong Kong, Tat Chee Road, Kowloon Tong, Hong Kong. (Direction)
Languages: English / Cantonese.
Confirmed List of Topics and Speakers:
- Monitoring censorship with open source software by Mr. Chung-hong Chan (電鋸).
- Open Source Job Board by Mr. Sammy Fung.
- Using Redis in game system by Mr. Triton Ho.
- The Boring Licences (Take 2) by Dr. Haggen So.
- Looking for C10K Solution – Elixir and Erlang by Mr. Hilary Cheng.
- A Case Study: How Does Open Source Drive Up The Development of a Constructed Language by Mr. Brendan Tang (sorpa’as).
- 自由香港字型 Free Hong Kong Fonts by Mr. Kingman Leung (梁敬文).
Venue Sponsor: Department of Computer Science, City University of Hong Kong.
- Hong Kong Creative Open Technology Association
- Hong Kong Linux User Group
- Mozilla Hong Kong
- Open Source Hong Kong